Alvin Jarryll Anak Joseph - 2202193
Dear lecturers,
I have a lot of things to say and many are words of gratitude and appreciation for guiding me throughout the years of watching me grow in these college years. From the age as early as kindergarten to the early years of my young adult live in university.
Lecturers worked tirelessly to guide us and the recognition they deserve is not enough to show how much of an impact a mentor can be to a person in their life. No one can question the fact that I've been taught a lot of things all my life, and sometimes it can be quite tedious and nonsensical.
Some guided me when I don't know what to do, aiding in my growth so I can learn even more in the process. Some are fun lecturers who made learning a fun process and gave us more hope and excitement when it comes to learning. Some are straight up no nonsense - straightforward kind of lecturer which is can be intimidating to learn from.
Not only am I going to talk about the good things I have experience, but also the bad things and the "suffering" I have experienced as well. I'm just gonna start about my times in Diploma, the pressure and stress that I've experienced which I am wholly not prepared for, the overwhelming anxiety and emotionally draining experience of constant deadlines and sometimes understated feelings of depression.
Why are we given so much work and to be expected to be able to finish them within a short period of time without causing students to mentally suffer from stress, anxiety and fatigue. I can't count on one hand how much assignments I needed to complete in a week - just to have another assignments that's due the week after. Week after week, all I've been doing my assignments like a factory robot.
There is not much else I could do to enjoy myself and to be able to relax as the pressure of relaxing mentally drains the fact assignments deadline are always ever haunting. Sometimes, there are even lecturers who are new, which I understand, can be overwhelming to teach a bunch of students and not expect any trouble. But at least, have the decency to actually teach us something and help us in answering some of our questions.
Deflecting the questions and giving us a different answer to an unrelated question is not a good way for us to learn, even if the lecturer don't know what to do, at least join us in learning instead of just telling us what to do without teaching us how to do it.
No matter - not all can be good or even great lecturers but the effort to teach is still nonetheless there, or else things could have been much worse for students who are unaware of their own plight. This is my I am very appreciative and full of gratitude to my lecturers while also had some feelings of contempt when things don't work out as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment